Spring greens fresh from the garden are one the most healthy and alkalizing foods. They assist us by supporting a natural detox state and by supplying us a ton of nutrients. Just like a smoothy, when we consume in a soup form, it is really easy for the body to absorb. Here, I add in lemon, lemon balm and hint of cayenne. Absolutely delicious, your body will thank you!
Did you know Lemon Balm is one of the earth’s most powerful antioxidants.
A system wide anti-inflammatory it acts to heal all sorts of things: thyroid conditions, digestion, mood just to name a few! I added in a healthy handful. To kick this up a notch in health benefits and to add a tasty zing too!
- 4 Cups of fresh greens
- From the garden I used: Kale, Spinach, Chard, and Radish
- Whatever you had will be just fine!
- Handful of chopped fresh lemon balm (Optional)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup Arbiatto rice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 C. Vegetable stock, +Water to thin out as needed
- For toppers:
- Olive oil drizzle
- Hemp or sunflower seeds
- Caramelize onions and garlic over med heat
- Reduce by 1/2
- If they begin to stick/burn, add water as needed
- Reduce heat
- In a separate pan Cook rice
- Rice will take about 20 min, at the 10 min mark add chopped greens to rice
- Add more water, cover and cook until rice is done and greens wilted
- It does not matter if rice is a bit mushy, as you are going to be adding all of this to a blender
- Combine rice, greens onions, lemon juice, stock, cayenne, salt, pepper – cook 10 min
- Carefully add to blender – puree
- Add back to pot, add water as needed to thin to liking
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and seeds of choice
- SO TASTY!!!