A lighter healthier option this tasty Greek flatbread uses Hummus as the base. Since choosing to cut way back on dairy my life has really changed for the better. Finding substitutes for the creamy texture of cheese, in my opinion, is a must! Hummus is one of those things which will satisfy your cravings for cheesy goodness.
You Will need:
- 1 Pita bread
- Clive oil or ready to use Greek dressing
- Greek seasoning – either Greek or oregano
- 1/2 of a small tomato
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 4-6 black olives chopped
- marinated artichokes ( If you have them )
- Fresh minced oregano
- Using a pastry brush, spread either olive oil or Greek dressing over pita.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Broil on high in the oven until crispy around the edges
Add Toppings and Slice:
- Spread a nice thick layer of hummus on the base
- top with chopped Tomatoes, onions, black olives and aritichoke if you are using
- Sprinkle with a small bit of feta
- top with finely sliced fresh oregano or fresh Greek seasoning
Slice and enjoy