Today’s new moon coupled with the solar eclipse offer you an amazing opportunity to look inward and ask two very important questions: What are you hiding — And Why?
Let me explain. The new moon draws us toward the idea of “new beginnings”. Unfortunately, modern day astrology can all too often complicate this simply idea of newness, but it doesn’t have to. Instead I invite you look to the new moon as an opportunity to begin again and release that which no longer serves us.
Coupled with a solar eclipse today can shed incredible insight on where we may be resisting. When the sun is “ecplisped” it literally means that Darkness falls across the sun. We are stepping into the newness of who we are with the unique opportunity to see why the darker parts of our being may be holding us back in the process. What an opportunity.
Many of you are on the precipice of new ideas and new paths. You have a clear picture painted of your tomorrow. Today’s eclipse will give you the gift of understanding where are you hesitating with one foot in. Why are you not fully committing. Today is a day to dig into this idea. To ask yourself, where do you really want to focus your energy and to take that leap forward in an actionable and intentional way. The action you take does not have to be large.
Today is about making a commitment to be accountable to yourself and yourself alone. It is an empowering and freeing feeling when we leverage our darkness, our weakness, to empower us in the direction we are meant to go. All to often our darkness holds us back from participating and it does not have to. Choose to get out of your own way.
Here are some journaling questions to help work through this idea
- Where are you resisting or neglecting to commit – why
- What are you passionate about
- What do you desire to share but neglect to speak up about
- Where do you most enjoy spending your energy and time
- When you picture yourself in your happiest moments what are you doing?
- When do you feel like your best self?
- When you picture yourself at your best who are you surrounded by?
- What do you value the most in life?
- If you could share what is most meaningful to you with other what would that be?
- If you are not sharing that today why is that – what is a small way you could start today?
- Make a list of the three areas which deserve your attention outside of your family in the next 30 days – prioritize them
Happy New Moon, and Solstice